Design Review Board
The Cordillera Design Review Board (DRB) is a committee of volunteers enthusiastic about the quality of architecture and landscaping in the community. The DRB is responsible for reviewing projects to ensure compliance with the Cordillera Design Guidelines, Bylaws and CC&Rs.
Compliance Deposit Release Site Visits are No Longer Available Starting November 1st, 2023.
Please reach out to the DRB Administrator in the Spring of 2024 for site visits.
The DRB review may include architectural character, site planning, building materials and landscaping details, to ensure compatibility with our surrounding environment.
If you are aesthetically or structurally altering your home exterior or landscape, undergoing an exterior renovation, or building a new structure, you will need to follow the Design Guidelines and gain approval through the DRB process.
The DRB process requires meeting reviews for certain projects and off-meeting reviews for others. The Administration team is available to assist you with your project specific questions and determining the process that is right for your project.
- New Single Family Home
- Garage and Driveways
- Deck Additions
- Lot Vacations/Combinations
- Solar Panels
- Building Envelope Amendments
- Landscape Modifications that include: Irrigation changes, Grading or Retaining Walls, or Extensive Improvements
- Modifications to Approved Plans for Major Projects Under Construction
- Replacing Exterior Materials (doors, windows, lighting, etc.)
- Sculptures and Artwork
- Paint Color or Stain
- Hot Tubs
- Dog Runs
- Recreational Equipment
- Planting Beds
- Tree Removal (non-wildfire mitigation, submit minor mod application)
- Adding or Removing Sod
- Adding or Removing Landscaping
- Adding or Removing Patios
* If any of the above are outside the building envelope, add additional square footage, or require review by the Architectural Plan Reviewer, they become a Major Modification.
DRB Applications are NOT Required for the Following:
- Interior Remodels with No Exterior Changes
- Routine Maintenance and Repair
- Same for Same Replacement (color and material)
Forms and Documents